Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Jobs at Kibondo Tanzania:- This post provides details Danish Refugee Council Jobs , Nafasi za kazi Danish Refugee Council, careers, Danish Refugee Council Vacancies and Jobs. Apply now for new vacancies.
Recommended Jobs For You:
- New Jobs at Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU) 2022
- Nafasi za kazi (Ajira) Khulisa Management Services – Operations Manager
- Khulisa Management Services Jobs Dar es salaam 2022
- Job Vacancy at GIZ – Gender Advisor
- Job Vacancy at East African Community (EAC) – Trade in Services Project Officer
- Teaching Jobs at First Years Academy (FYA) 2022
- est Vacancies at ARDHI University (ARU) 2022
- Nafasi za kazi Ericsson Dar es salaam (Ajira 2022)
- Plant Engineer (Ajira) at Coca-Cola Kwanza 2022
- New Job at Coca-Cola Kwanza – Warehouse Section Controller
- Nafasi za kazi (Ajira mpya) Kiwanda Cha Mbolea 2022, Minjingu Mines and Fertilizer Ltd
- Latest Vacancies at Minjingu Mines and Fertilizer Ltd
- Jobs: Nafasi za Kazi Minjingu Mines and Fertilizer Ltd 2022
- New Jobs at Minjingu Mines and Fertilizer Ltd 2022
- Job Vacancy at Airswift – Legal Advisor – Tanzania
- New Job Vacancy Abt Associates – Gender Specialist
- Senior Performance Monitoring Specialist at Social Impact (SI)
- New Job Vacancy at Social Impact (SI) – Senior Capacity Building Specialist
- Ajira: nafasi za kazi SI 2022, Social Impact
- Job Vacancies at Alistair Group 2022 (Admin Assistant)
- New Job Vacancy at CVPeople Tanzania – Storekeeper
- Agronomist Manager Jobs in Tanzania, CVPeople Tanzania
- Nafasi za Kazi CVPeople Tanzania – Full Stack Developer
- Nafasi za kazi Ubalozi wa Marekani 2022, US Embassy Dar es Salaam
- Project Intern at Tuhifadhi Maliasili Project, African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) 2022
- Trainee Opportunites at Hand in Hand Eastern Africa-Tanzania (HIHEA TZ) 2022
- Various Job Vacancies at Mwalimu Julius K. Nyerere University of Agriculture and Technology [MJNUAT]
- JASCO Jobs 2022, Jassie & Company Ltd – 3 Civil Engineers/Site Agents
- Latest Vacancies at Jassie & Company LTD 2022
- Broadcom Limited Jobs 2022 – 10 Telecom Engineers
- New Jobs at Broadcom Limited – 2 Health, Safety, And Material Officer
- New Job Vacancies Job at Broadcom Limited 2022 (20 Telecom Rigger )
- Ajira: Nafasi za kazi Broadcom Limited 2022
- UNHCR Jobs Tanzania 2022 – Associate Child Protection Officer
- Job Vacancies at Ifakara Health Institute 2022
- New Job at TIGO 2022 – Site Roll-Out Manager
- New Job Vacancy at Ubongo 2022 (Development Manager)
- Job Vacancy at WWF – Project Accounts and Finance Officer
- New Job at WWF – Field Officer – Community Development
- Job Vacancies at WWF – Project Officer Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Job Vacancy 2022 at Suvacor Ltd – Accountant
- Latest Job Vacancies at Suvacor Ltd 2022
- Job Vacancy at Absa Bank – Applications Support Analyst
- Intern Opportunities at VSO Tanzania – Procurement and Logistics
- Old Mutual Job vacancies 2022 – Claims Manager
- New Job at Euro Water Project – Operations Officer
- Job Vacancies at With Euro Water Project 2022
- Job Vacancy at Exim Bank – Recovery Manager, Special Assets Management Unit
- New Job at CVPeople Tanzania, Field Sales Executive / Logistics / Insurance
- Nafasi za kazi NGO Jobs at CVPeople Tanzania
- CVPeople Tanzania Job Vacancies Latest
- Job Vacancy at TPC LTD – Mechanic Tractors & Cane Loaders
- Ajira Latest Nafasi za kazi at TPC Ltd Job vacancies 2022
- Various Internships at ABSA Bank Tanzania August 2022
- RTI International Program Assistant Jobs
- RTI International Jobs in Tanzania 2022
- Job Vacancy at Compassion – Principal Product Manager for Disaster Response
- Job Vacancies 2022 at PSI, Population Services International
- Job Vacancy at Sandvik – Service Technician
- Ajira: Nafasi za kazi at Dangote Cement 2022
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Jobs at Kibondo Tanzania
Job title: WASH Team Leader
Employment Category: G
Reporting to: Area Manager
Technical line manager: Technical Engineer
Direct reports: 2 water project and latrines officers and 3 water project and latrines assistants
Location: KIBONDO (including frequent travel camps and host communities)
Authorization level: Team Leader
The overall purpose of the role: Responsible for implementing DRC’s WASH programming in camps and host communities related to safeguarding and improving public health and safety of the refugees and host communities by ensuring access to longer-term water solutions, promoting safe hygiene practices and supporting social cohesion and early recovery.
- Program Planning
Lead planning for emergency WASH assistance projects at the field level including safe hygiene practices, and improvement of sanitation facilities at household and communal levels, and emergency water supply measures including better and efficient management measures, promoting social cohesion and early recovery.
- Provide technical assistance and overall coordination to the roll out of the WASH project activities, including in the development/adaption of tools, methodologies, assessments for use by staff, community-based groups.
- Participate and lead on community planning activities in liaison with community based protection and livelihood teams
- Liaise and coordinate with WASH actors to plan and foster better and sustainable water resources at the camps and settlements.
- Support ongoing harmonization between field office operations in WASH activities and approaches;
- Program Implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Support implementation of DRC’s WASH projects being implemented in the refugee camps and host communities and provide timely advice through QA of work plans, review of technical designs of water systems and sanitation infrastructures developed, BoQs for the technical systems, and regular site visits.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes for the achievement of the WASH output results. Ensure effective collaboration with other DRC sectors, where needed.
- Support timely implementation of the WASH projects through regular checks against the work plans and assisting in adjustment of program implementation strategies where needed.
- Monitor quality of the WASH projects against established quality and quantity indicators, through field visits and constant communication and oversight of the field teams.
- Collect and collate regular implementation reports from the field, assess program implementation progress and devise corrective measures where needed.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme meetings, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews and follow up actions to ensure timely and quality implementation.
- Support the MEAL coordinator/officer in preparation of monitoring and evaluation exercises as well as reports.
- Undertake field/site visits to monitor the quality of activity implementation and provide technical advice, guidance and oversight to coordinators/managers and field project staff as necessary.
- Responsible for the development of project plans, budgets and reporting.
- Undertake gap analysis in the areas of WASH and contribute in the development of new thematic areas according to the analysis.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective program implementation of all WASH projects within the given timeframe, budget and quality standards.
Coordination and representation
- Liaison and develop relationship with a range of key stakeholders including, community and camp leaders, community-based protection groups, local government.
- Coordinate with other sectors within DRC’s program to ensure coherent and coordinated planning of the interventions
- Participate in inter-agency discussions, ensuring that DRC position, interests and priorities are fully considered and integrated in the planning and agenda setting.
- Program development and reporting
- Assist the Grants Management Coordinator in developing concept notes and proposals related to WASH activities.
- Prepare and review donor reports for the WASH activities in collaboration with the WASH, MEAL, Grants and Finance teams.
- Contribute to the planning, design and evaluation of WASH activities, including proposal and budget drafting, to secure programme funding for identified needs;
- Enhance effective programme, sectoral or inter-sectoral, planning, development and management by leading, guiding, coordinating and supporting country WASH projects
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Promote knowledge management by exchange of knowledge, information, situation analysis, experience or lessons learned;
- Prepare learning/knowledge products, covering innovative approaches and good practices, to support overall WASH sector development.
- Support the capacity building and development of DRC WASH staff and community partners as relevant, to ensure effective implementation of activities and maximize the impact of initiatives in the communities/camps.
- Contribute to the assessment of WASH sector capacity gap analysis, in collaboration with other stakeholders, and support the design of initiatives to strengthen capacities systematically.
- Monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-ups on a daily/weekly/ annual basis.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different locations within the Project Implementation Area.
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Ensure the delivery of supplies to the right beneficiaries following our SOPs.
- Contribute to grants management of all WASH activities through management of day-to-day project expenditures.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Water, Environmental/Sanitation Engineering or other related field but with WASH experience programming is a required.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in WASH program management including planning of water systems, including deep borehole systems with NGOs, UN, Government or similar organizations
- 4 years of proven experience in large scale WASH infrastructural project management.
- Proven technical expertise in area of WASH assessment including surveys, programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation and coordination is required.
- Ability to coordinate a range of diverse actors and activities to achieve a common objective in the area of WASH.
- Proven technical expertise in the area of WASH assessment including survey, program implementation, technical design, monitoring, and coordination.
- A good communicator and proven diplomacy with all types of stakeholders
- Fluency in spoken and written English required
- Previous experience in international organizations and humanitarian settings.
- Previous experience working with refugees or IDPs or other vulnerable populations.
- Understanding of Economic Recovery and Protection Sectors
- Experience in community development and participatory techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline from recognized institutions
- Documented skills in project planning and design, drafting, calculation, and technical drawing.
- Thorough knowledge of construction national and international standards.
- Excellent computer skills in programs such as AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of Kirundi would be a significant advantage.
- Community and Camp Leaders and Groups,
- Local Government
- DRC sector leads
- WASH Actors
Core competencies Basic Advanced Expert
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating integrity
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 August 2022.
- Read also: Latest Jobs in Tanzania