Job at European Union ( EU) – Secretary:- The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid, and working with global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
Job at European Union ( EU) – Secretary
The EU Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC) works in close coordination with the Embassies and Consulates of the 27 EU Member States. We are a fully-fledged diplomatic mission and represent the European Union in dealings with the Tanzanian government in areas that are part of the EU’s remit.
Apply for the Latest Jobs below
- New Job at Rivertrees Country Inn – Hotel Manager
- Job at One Acre Fund – Global Head of Corporate Communications
- Job at Equity Bank – Business Growth and Development Manager
- New Jobs (15) at ICAP – HIV Counselor/Nurses
- Job at Coca-Cola Kwanza – Fleet Team Leader
- New Job at Logmath Technology – Operations Administrator
- Jobs at Medical Teams International – Drivers
- New Job at Amana Bank – Senior Financing Analyst
- New Job at UN Women – International Care Consultant
- New Job at Tabono Consult Limited – Stores Supervisor
The post of Secretary (Local Agent Group 3) in the Delegation’s regional cooperation – Infrastructure Section.
Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation, and on the changes of these needs. The successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Infrastructure Section, providing support, expertise and assistance in the relevant field. Following main tasks and duties are currently required:
The Secretaries may assist in Delegation related activities:
General secretarial duties, including keeping diaries, screening phone calls, organizing meetings and missions, travel managements, handling correspondence, including drafting of letters, encoding of approval circuits, filing etc.
Assist in maintaining good and effective positive working relations with all the representatives of the Government, the diplomatic missions of EU Member States, development partners and project stakeholders.
Assist in the provision of general project management support or information as requested
Assist in the management of programmes or contracts in the section’s portfolio.
Assist with the filing, storage, maintenance and destruction (as appropriate) of unclassified hard or soft copy data.
Assist with the representation of the EU Delegation in events organised locally.
Act as a backup for other Secretaries in the Delegation.
Assist in any other task requested and deemed necessary for the functioning of the Delegation.
The base salary will depend on relevant and verified employment experience, typically starting from a gross salary of 2,870,035 Tanzanian Shillings. There is a competitive benefits package, subject to certain conditions, including personal leave days and public holidays, health insurances and a retirement savings plan.
Secretary Job Vacancy at European Union ( EU)
The expected start date will be 6th March 2023
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 months relevant experience in a support function
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Document management
- Assets / selection criteria (basis for awarding points to select the best applicant)
- High degree of responsibility and be able to work independently . Able to take own initiatives. Positive and energetic attitude.
- Able to multitask various issues at the same time . Ability to work in a team . Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to focus on priorities and to organize work to deliver on time . Flexibility to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands
Please submit your application, consisting of a cover letter; Europass format CV (https://europa.eu/europass/en/create-europass-cv ) via the delegation’s email address:
Secretary Post No 246812 no later than 18 November 2022.
Only complete applications received on time via the above delegation email address will be considered.
The successful candidate will be subject to a medical check and background check.
For further information on the recruitment and shortlisting process visit our website:
- Read also: Latest Jobs in Tanzania
You Might Also Like the following: