Job Vacancies at Ifakara Health Institute 2022:- The Ifakara Health Institute is a health research organization with offices in Ifakara, Dar es Salaam, Ikwiriri, Bagamoyo, and Mtwara, Tanzania.
List of Latest Job Vacancies in Tanzania This week
- New Job at TIGO 2022 – Site Roll-Out Manager
- New Job Vacancy at Ubongo 2022 (Development Manager)
- Job Vacancy at WWF – Project Accounts and Finance Officer
- New Job at WWF – Field Officer – Community Development
- Job Vacancies at WWF – Project Officer Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Job Vacancy 2022 at Suvacor Ltd – Accountant
- Latest Job Vacancies at Suvacor Ltd 2022
- Job Vacancy at Absa Bank – Applications Support Analyst
- Intern Opportunities at VSO Tanzania – Procurement and Logistics
- Old Mutual Job vacancies 2022 – Claims Manager
- New Job at Euro Water Project – Operations Officer
- Job Vacancies at With Euro Water Project 2022
- Job Vacancy at Exim Bank – Recovery Manager, Special Assets Management Unit
- New Job at CVPeople Tanzania, Field Sales Executive / Logistics / Insurance
- Nafasi za kazi NGO Jobs at CVPeople Tanzania
- CVPeople Tanzania Job Vacancies Latest
- Job Vacancy at TPC LTD – Mechanic Tractors & Cane Loaders
- Ajira Latest Nafasi za kazi at TPC Ltd Job vacancies 2022
- Various Internships at ABSA Bank Tanzania August 2022
- RTI International Program Assistant Jobs
- RTI International Jobs in Tanzania 2022
- Job Vacancy at Compassion – Principal Product Manager for Disaster Response
- Job Vacancies 2022 at PSI, Population Services International
- Job Vacancy at Sandvik – Service Technician
- Ajira: Nafasi za kazi at Dangote Cement 2022
- Job Vacancy at NBC – Applications Development and Integrations Specialist
- Jobs and Vacancies at MDH, Management, and Development for Health
- Job Vacancy at MDH – Program Officer Covid-19
- Jobs, Nafasi za kazi CRDB Bank 2022
- Job Vacancy at TCDC, Tanzania Cooperative Dev. Commission 2022
- Volunteers Opportunities at TCDC For Freshers 2022
- New Jobs and Vacancies at ISOAF Tz Limited 2022
- Job Vacancy at ISOAF Tz Limited – Field Supervisor
- 10 Internship Opportunities at NMB Bank 2022
- Vacancies at Feza International School – Secondary Teachers
- 588 Jobs Nafasi za kazi Kibondo District Kigoma 2022
- Job Vacancy at Unilever – Business Data Analyst
- Risk and Internal Control Manager Job at Kilombero Sugar Company Limited
- Job Vacancy at WHO – Data Officer
- Job Vacancies at Feza International School – Secondary Teachers
- Job Vacancy at FHI 360 – Regional Manager
- Internships Opportunities at Mbeya University of Science and Technology (MUST) 2022
- Latest Vacancy at Airswift – General Services Officer
- Job Vacancies at Airswift – HR Generalist Recruitment/Training
- Job Vacancy at East Africa Fruits Co. Ltd – Logistic Officer
- Job Vacancy at WFP 2022 – Intern Innovation
- Job Vacancy at PATH – Global Procurement Manager
- New Vacancies at TCDC – 2 Graduate Volunteers
- Job Vacancy at TCDC – Senior Social Behavior Change Officer
- Job Vacancy at Exim Bank – Manager – Project Management
- Job Vacancy at Good Neighbors – Project Officer
- Latest Job Vacancy at LATRA – Personal Secretary
- Ajira: Nafasi za kazi Mamlaka ya Udhibiti Usafiri Ardhini, LATRA
- 8 Jobs, Nafasi za kazi LATRA, Quality Assurance Officers
- Latest Jobs at Land Transport Regulatory Authority (LATRA) – 9 Drivers
- Job Vacancies at TANROADS Kagera-Bukoba 2022
- Nafasi za at TANROADS Kagera 2022, Accountant
- 7 TANROADS Jobs, Drivers. Nafasi za kazi Udereva 2022
- 2 Sales and Marketing Officers Jobs, Nafasi za Kazi Ismani Company Limited
- 49 Jobs Nafasi za kazi at FABEC Investment Limited
- 5 Research Assistant (Biotechnology and Lab Sciences) Opportunities at TARI
Job Vacancies at Ifakara Health Institute 2022
Ifakara Health Institute
The Research Scientist will work at the CDCI to evaluate, diagnose, treat and manage patients with HIV and/or tuberculosis.
Position: Research Scientist (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Ifakara
Apply By: August 12th 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Treat PLHIV and/or Tuberculosis according to National Guidelines for Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS and TB, Standard Treatment Guidelines, and Local guidelines.
- Supervise and train younger medical doctors and clinical officers in diagnosis and management of patients with HIV and/or tuberculosis.
- Diagnose and treat opportunistic infections (OI) and/or referral to appropriate departments.
- Maintain proper patient documentation, filling of case report forms (CRF) including CTC 1/2.
- Consultation and ward rounds to PLHIV admitted to different departments at SFRH.
- Working in full agreement with the job descriptions; CDCI, Hospital, and government (MOH) regulations.
- Provide health education and adherence counseling to PLHIV and clients attending CDCI.
- Attend all compulsory meetings such as every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at CDCI and Friday at 07.30 – 9.00 at SFRH clinical hall.
- Attend scientific meetings at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI).
- Contribution in planning, coordination, and performance of research activities/studies organized by IHI and other partners.
- Perform any additional task assigned by the PL and/or site director of IHI and/or director of SFDRH when necessary.
Qualification and Experience
Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine (MMED) with a certificate of MMED.
Certificate of internship.
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in both Swahili and English.
- Interest in TB/HIV.
- High motivation for research activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Interested in training of younger staff.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Result oriented.
- Professional attitude to work and clear work ethics.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Friday, August 12th, 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include RESEARCH SCIENTIST – CDCI. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Read also: Latest Jobs in Tanzania