Job Vacancy at WFP 2022 – Intern Innovation:- WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Latest and Current Jobs in Tanzania:
- Job Vacancy at PATH – Global Procurement Manager
- New Vacancies at TCDC – 2 Graduate Volunteers
- Job Vacancy at TCDC – Senior Social Behavior Change Officer
- Job Vacancy at Exim Bank – Manager – Project Management
- Job Vacancy at Good Neighbors – Project Officer
- Latest Job Vacancy at LATRA – Personal Secretary
- Ajira: Nafasi za kazi Mamlaka ya Udhibiti Usafiri Ardhini, LATRA
- 8 Jobs, Nafasi za kazi LATRA, Quality Assurance Officers
- Latest Jobs at Land Transport Regulatory Authority (LATRA) – 9 Drivers
- Job Vacancies at TANROADS Kagera-Bukoba 2022
- Nafasi za at TANROADS Kagera 2022, Accountant
- 7 TANROADS Jobs, Drivers. Nafasi za kazi Udereva 2022
- 2 Sales and Marketing Officers Jobs, Nafasi za Kazi Ismani Company Limited
- 49 Jobs Nafasi za kazi at FABEC Investment Limited
- 5 Research Assistant (Biotechnology and Lab Sciences) Opportunities at TARI
- 44 Research Assistant Agriculture Jobs at Agricultural Research Institute(TARI)
- Jobs at Tanzania Agricultural Research Institute(TARI) – 5 Reseach Assistant Economics
- Various Vacancies at Tanzania Agricultural Research Institute(TARI)
- Job Vacancies at Wizara ya Kilimo – 58 Agricultural Engineer II
- New 60 Jobs Ajira and Nafasi za kazi Wizara ya Kilimo Tanzania
- New 524 Jobs Tanzania Ajira za Kazi Wizara ya Kilimo July, 2022
- Various Job Vacancies 2022 at the Ministry of Agriculture, Wizara ya Kilimo
- Ajira mpya: Nafasi za kazi Wizara ya Kilimo 2022
- Job Vacancies at United Bank for Africa (UBA) Tanzania 2022
- Latest Vacancies UTUMISHI, 48 Jobs at NIT and IJA July 2022
Job Vacancy at WFP 2022 – Intern Innovation
Dar es Salaam
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate programme (for example, Bachelor’s degree) and have completed at least two years of the programme as well as have attended classes in the last 12 months with the University.
- Currently enrolled in a Graduate Programme (for example, Masters) and have attended classes in the last 12 months with the University.
- Recent Graduate (from an Undergraduate or Graduate Programme) within six months prior to application to the internship and attended classes in the last 12 months of enrolment with the University.
- Working knowledge of English (proficiency/ level C) and MS Office package (Word, PowerPoint & Excel) is required.
- Preferred field of study: Agriculture, Nutrition, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Design, Science & Technology, Business Studies, Marketing, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Economics, International Relations,
- Law, Marketing, Communications, or other related fields.
- This position is for Tanzanian nationals only
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP innovation unit of the Dar -es Salaam Country Office in Tanzania. The Internship will be for an initial period of 6 months starting from 01 September 2022. WFP Tanzania Innovation unit drives food system-related innovations for the WFP’s operation in collaboration with local and international partners to achieve SDG 2- Zero Hunger. WFP Tanzania office works across all food system components i.e., food production, aggregation, processing, distribution, and consumption.
As WFP works across the food system, we believe that there is more that the agency can do to innovate with local expertise and resources to conceptualize and implement a range of innovative solutions to impact lives. One of the priorities for coming years for the WFP country office is mainstream innovation within all activities and to support operation with innovative solutions and approaches.
The landscape mapping exercise will be critical in identifying innovation actors and solutions related to innovation. The food system landscape includes innovators, startups, innovation hubs, universities, innovation accelerators, investors, non-government organizations and various ministries.
Intern Innovation Job Opportunity at WFP
The purpose of this assignment is to therefore hire an intern to focus on Mapping Food System Innovation. While the main tasks are related to the food system innovation landscape, the intern will also be expected to work in a team to support the Innovation Unit with other tasks as required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Reporting to the Head of Innovation, she/he will be responsible for undertaking the landscape mapping and analysis.
- Working together with the innovation team, she/he will be responsible for coordinating the innovation landscape analysis process, including all phases from scope definition to reporting, and using inputs from technical units, working closely with various units.
- Following the landscape mapping exercise, shortlist innovation leads that have an overlap with WFP with regards to activities, goals, priorities, or areas of interest.
- This should include completing detailed research and analysis of innovation actors, resources, and trends utilizing primary and secondary methods such as interviews and desk research, to generate insights and develop recommendations.
- Informed by the landscape analysis, support the innovation unit with developing the innovation vision, objectives, and key results for engaging innovation actors and resources, and maintain operational priorities and the WFP corporate strategy.
- Collaborate with WFP stakeholders to integrate their knowledge and experiences into the analysis to proactively address learnings.
- Report on the progress, achievements, challenges, and successes during and after the landscape analysis after a strategy has been submitted.
- Support the drafting of outputs such as research/learning papers whenever need be.
- Support engagement with identified innovation leads with similar areas of interest like WFP, assist in setting up meetings and notetaking for records keeping.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experience utilizing computer programmes, including Word, PowerPoint, and spreadsheets.
- Experience in Research – particularly on topics related to food system innovation, latest technologies, startups, universities, innovation labs, accelerator projects, policies, etc.
- This is in order to conduct landscape mapping and identify as well as generate leads for WFP in Tanzania.
- Proven writing skills – experience in crafting written briefs and reports, attention to detail in using correct grammar and punctuations, and preparing excerpts from a long-detailed content/report.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills to swiftly engage and easily build professional rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Conversant in editing and track reviewing of soft copy of documents in MS Office.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF PROJECT
- Data base of food system innovation actors and resources.
- Together with all the internal and external stakeholders, develop an actionable landscape analysis that will feed into the innovation strategy.
- Support in the development of the innovation strategy as needed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural
- Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers, or sisters.
Your application for this internship must include:
A Completed application (Personal History Profile) and Cover Note, through the WFP careers Portal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Title of the degree you are currently pursuing
- Graduation Date
- Computer skills you are proficient in
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship
- Explain your interest in the World Food Programme Internship Programme, ensure to include all past work experience (if any).
- Proof of enrolment from current University (if not graduated).
- A copy of degree certificate (if you have already graduated).
- Fluency (Level C) in both oral and written English Language.
- Fluency in Kiswahili
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receiving applications is 09 August 2022.
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- Read also: Latest Jobs in Tanzania