Job Vacancy at WHO – Data Officer:- The incumbent will be part of the MoH Tanzania team and will contribute to strengthening the data management-related activities in the ministry of health. He/She will have a taks of strengthening the data management capacity at the Ministry (Public Health Emergency Operation Centre (PHEOC)).
Latest and Current Jobs in Tanzania
- Job Vacancies at Feza International School – Secondary Teachers
- Job Vacancy at FHI 360 – Regional Manager
- Internships Opportunities at Mbeya University of Science and Technology (MUST) 2022
- Latest Vacancy at Airswift – General Services Officer
- Job Vacancies at Airswift – HR Generalist Recruitment/Training
- Job Vacancy at East Africa Fruits Co. Ltd – Logistic Officer
- Job Vacancy at WFP 2022 – Intern Innovation
- Job Vacancy at PATH – Global Procurement Manager
- New Vacancies at TCDC – 2 Graduate Volunteers
- Job Vacancy at TCDC – Senior Social Behavior Change Officer
- Job Vacancy at Exim Bank – Manager – Project Management
- Job Vacancy at Good Neighbors – Project Officer
- Latest Job Vacancy at LATRA – Personal Secretary
- Ajira: Nafasi za kazi Mamlaka ya Udhibiti Usafiri Ardhini, LATRA
- 8 Jobs, Nafasi za kazi LATRA, Quality Assurance Officers
- Latest Jobs at Land Transport Regulatory Authority (LATRA) – 9 Drivers
- Job Vacancies at TANROADS Kagera-Bukoba 2022
- Nafasi za at TANROADS Kagera 2022, Accountant
- 7 TANROADS Jobs, Drivers. Nafasi za kazi Udereva 2022
- 2 Sales and Marketing Officers Jobs, Nafasi za Kazi Ismani Company Limited
- 49 Jobs Nafasi za kazi at FABEC Investment Limited
- 5 Research Assistant (Biotechnology and Lab Sciences) Opportunities at TARI
- 44 Research Assistant Agriculture Jobs at Agricultural Research Institute(TARI)
- Jobs at Tanzania Agricultural Research Institute(TARI) – 5 Reseach Assistant Economics
- Various Vacancies at Tanzania Agricultural Research Institute(TARI)
- Job Vacancies at Wizara ya Kilimo – 58 Agricultural Engineer II
- New 60 Jobs Ajira and Nafasi za kazi Wizara ya Kilimo Tanzania
- New 524 Jobs Tanzania Ajira za Kazi Wizara ya Kilimo July, 2022
- Various Job Vacancies 2022 at the Ministry of Agriculture, Wizara ya Kilimo
- Ajira mpya: Nafasi za kazi Wizara ya Kilimo 2022
- Job Vacancies at United Bank for Africa (UBA) Tanzania 2022
- Latest Vacancies UTUMISHI, 48 Jobs at NIT and IJA July 2022
Job Vacancy at WHO – Data Officer
World Health Organization
The United Republic of Tanzania has developed a web-based DHIS2 and a health management information system (HMIS) web portal as part of the efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, with the potential to establish a data warehouse for the health sector. This development has facilitated the integration of the reporting systems for disease-specific programmes into DHIS2 and its interoperability with other health information systems, including the Health Facility Registry, the Human Resources for Health Information System (HRHIS) and the Electronic Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS). While through DHIS2 routine data have been made available at the district, regional and national levels, the use of data for decision-making among members of council health management teams and regional health management teams remains a challenge.
The Health Emergencies Programme within WHO country office in URT in Collaboration with the Ministry of Health aims to minimize the health consequences of outbreaks and emergencies by: helping the country to strengthen its capacities to detect, prevent and respond to health emergencies; mitigating the risk of high threat diseases and infectious hazards; detecting and assessing emergency health threats and informing public health decision-making; responding rapidly and effectively to emergencies under a coordinated incident management system, and ensuring WHO’s work in emergencies is effectively managed, adequately staffed and operationally ready to fulfill its mission.
For effective interventions based on evidence the availability of data in time and its analysis and interpretation is crucial. To that effect the country seeks to recruit a highly qualified professional for an initial 6-month period to assist/support the country in developing and strengthening evidence-based measurable interventions for health emergencies and other health interventions.
The candidate will be stationed in the Ministry of Health in order to support the data management of COVID-19 program including the use of the GO- DATA platform, HIV, Hepatitis, EMTCT, STI against a set of indicators in order to provide technical inputs for informed decision-making. in the overall data management. . This support includes the provision of high-impact technical support for the production, collection, analysis and synthesis, and dissemination of quality health data and information. This candidate will work within the strategic framework of the Ministry to strengthen data management, monitoring, and evaluation in health.
Under the direct supervision of HIS/PMO at the country office the Data Manager will undertake the following tasks:
Description of duties:
- Support in the consolidation and analyses of data related to HIV, Hepatitis, STI, EMTCT against a set of indicators to monitor progress and effectively guide the programme through identification of areas of improvement
- Support in the DHIS2 analysis
- Represent the country office in the respective M&E technical working groups at the ministry of health
- Support the ministry in the development of M&E annual program performance reports
- Share program updates regularly to technical officers
- Under the supervision of strategic health information/PMO in guiding the program to achieve the set objects
- Support in the development of annual and biennium plans and monitoring of implementation
- Ensure the capture of all data, perform quality control and quality assurance of important variables in emergency response using the approved protocol.
- Establish data quality control procedures to facilitate the accurate entry and transfer of data into GO-DATA,
- DHS2, and other databases being used by MoHSS.
- Provide technical support to the team at the PHEOC and Health Information and Research Directorate and the vaccination data management.
- Update dashboard indicators daily and other key data elements
- Conduct training and supervision, including coaching to personnel involved in data management to build capacity at the national and sub-national level to improve data quality and reporting
- Provide robust and timely epidemiological data analysis to continuously inform risk assessment and support the response’s operational decision-making
- Assist with producing daily situational reports and weekly epidemiological reports for related health conditions and disseminate to the next level.
- Support the synthesis and verification of data collected and produced by different data collection methods within the COVID-19 response.
- Support the production and harmonization of data management tools, standards, and methodologies for quality data collection, analysis, and synthesis.
- Support activities to disseminate health data and information for the application of knowledge
- Perform other tasks as delegated by the Supervisor
Job Opportunity at WHO, Data Officer
The mission of WHO Health Emergencies Programme is to support the Ministry of Health on data management of COVID-19 program including the use of the GO- DATA platform, HIV, Hepatitis, EMTCT, STI against a set of indicators in order to provide technical inputs for informed decision-making. in the overall data management
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English.
Desirable: Working knowledge of Swahili, Knowledge of French or other UN languages is an asset.
Essential: University degree in statistics, informatics (in health), environmental health, public health, epidemiology, health information systems, or other related disciplines from an accredited/ recognized institute
Desirable: Master’s degree in a related discipline as well as complementary disciplines including Health Informatics, Biostatistics, Health Information Systems, Public Health, Epidemiology, or other relevant qualification. for
Essential: Have at least five (5) years of experience in data management, information management (or related field), monitoring, needs assessment, project management, data management, and information dissemination in the public health sector or health development sector, at the national level, part of which in emergency management or humanitarian context in technical positions. Experience in developing and promoting collaborative partnerships. Experience with the compilation and analysis of large datasets from multiple sources.
Desirable: Good knowledge of the public health program or epidemiology, and emergency response work.
Skills and Competencies
The incumbent should be able to demonstrate an understanding of web-based or applications and computer-based applications for data management such as Go-Data and DHIS 2; Limitations of data from various sources, information systems, and approaches to data quality analysis; Review of data quality, in particular, the health data system and approaches to improve data quality; Analysis and synthesis of health data and interpretation and reporting of results through a high level of analytical skills; Advanced ability to design, manage, analyze and coordinate complex information system projects, computer-based applications, and databases, web-based tools; Processes and mechanisms for effective dissemination of health and decision-making (Go.Data, Microsoft Excel, CSPro application, Table and STATA, R, EpiInfo, PowerBI, Arc-GIS).
The ability to influence decisions and policies will be an advantage.
Competencies for the required assignment:
Knowing and managing yourself
Communicate in a credible and effective way
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural difference
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written) and at least one local language
Strong analytic skills
Strong networking and relationship-building skills
Interpersonal skills and teamwork
Computer and management of data and information
PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT
The Data Officer will be stationed at Dodoma Office , Tanzania
TIMELINE AND REPORTING
Duration: Minimum of six (6) months depending on the availability of funds.
Salary : NOB – 01
The deadline for submitting the application is 18 August 2022.
- Read also: Latest Jobs in Tanzania