New Job Vacancy at Ubongo 2022 (Development Manager):- Welcome to the new job vacancies at ubongo, UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localized, and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives.
List of Latest Job Vacancies in Tanzania This week
- Job Vacancy at WWF – Project Accounts and Finance Officer
- New Job at WWF – Field Officer – Community Development
- Job Vacancies at WWF – Project Officer Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Job Vacancy 2022 at Suvacor Ltd – Accountant
- Latest Job Vacancies at Suvacor Ltd 2022
- Job Vacancy at Absa Bank – Applications Support Analyst
- Intern Opportunities at VSO Tanzania – Procurement and Logistics
- Old Mutual Job vacancies 2022 – Claims Manager
- New Job at Euro Water Project – Operations Officer
- Job Vacancies at With Euro Water Project 2022
- Job Vacancy at Exim Bank – Recovery Manager, Special Assets Management Unit
- New Job at CVPeople Tanzania, Field Sales Executive / Logistics / Insurance
- Nafasi za kazi NGO Jobs at CVPeople Tanzania
- CVPeople Tanzania Job Vacancies Latest
- Job Vacancy at TPC LTD – Mechanic Tractors & Cane Loaders
- Ajira Latest Nafasi za kazi at TPC Ltd Job vacancies 2022
- Various Internships at ABSA Bank Tanzania August 2022
- RTI International Program Assistant Jobs
- RTI International Jobs in Tanzania 2022
- Job Vacancy at Compassion – Principal Product Manager for Disaster Response
- Job Vacancies 2022 at PSI, Population Services International
- Job Vacancy at Sandvik – Service Technician
- Ajira: Nafasi za kazi at Dangote Cement 2022
- Job Vacancy at NBC – Applications Development and Integrations Specialist
- Jobs and Vacancies at MDH, Management, and Development for Health
- Job Vacancy at MDH – Program Officer Covid-19
- Jobs, Nafasi za kazi CRDB Bank 2022
- Job Vacancy at TCDC, Tanzania Cooperative Dev. Commission 2022
- Volunteers Opportunities at TCDC For Freshers 2022
- New Jobs and Vacancies at ISOAF Tz Limited 2022
- Job Vacancy at ISOAF Tz Limited – Field Supervisor
- 10 Internship Opportunities at NMB Bank 2022
- Vacancies at Feza International School – Secondary Teachers
- 588 Jobs Nafasi za kazi Kibondo District Kigoma 2022
- Job Vacancy at Unilever – Business Data Analyst
- Risk and Internal Control Manager Job at Kilombero Sugar Company Limited
- Job Vacancy at WHO – Data Officer
- Job Vacancies at Feza International School – Secondary Teachers
- Job Vacancy at FHI 360 – Regional Manager
- Internships Opportunities at Mbeya University of Science and Technology (MUST) 2022
- Latest Vacancy at Airswift – General Services Officer
- Job Vacancies at Airswift – HR Generalist Recruitment/Training
- Job Vacancy at East Africa Fruits Co. Ltd – Logistic Officer
- Job Vacancy at WFP 2022 – Intern Innovation
- Job Vacancy at PATH – Global Procurement Manager
- New Vacancies at TCDC – 2 Graduate Volunteers
- Job Vacancy at TCDC – Senior Social Behavior Change Officer
- Job Vacancy at Exim Bank – Manager – Project Management
- Job Vacancy at Good Neighbors – Project Officer
- Latest Job Vacancy at LATRA – Personal Secretary
- Ajira: Nafasi za kazi Mamlaka ya Udhibiti Usafiri Ardhini, LATRA
- 8 Jobs, Nafasi za kazi LATRA, Quality Assurance Officers
- Latest Jobs at Land Transport Regulatory Authority (LATRA) – 9 Drivers
- Job Vacancies at TANROADS Kagera-Bukoba 2022
- Nafasi za at TANROADS Kagera 2022, Accountant
- 7 TANROADS Jobs, Drivers. Nafasi za kazi Udereva 2022
- 2 Sales and Marketing Officers Jobs, Nafasi za Kazi Ismani Company Limited
- 49 Jobs Nafasi za kazi at FABEC Investment Limited
- 5 Research Assistant (Biotechnology and Lab Sciences) Opportunities at TARI
New Job Vacancy at Ubongo 2022 (Development Manager)
Ubongo reaches over 27 million kids across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio, and mobile phones. Our show’s Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 23 countries across Africa, in Swahili, English, French, Kinyarwanda, Kikuyu, Luo, Yoruba, Hausa, Chichewa, and Juba Arabic.
Positions: Development Manager
Job Position: We are looking for a Development Manager. Working at Ubongo won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, and plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative, and flexible Development Manager to expand and improve our Fundraising department.
You’ll work closely with our Head of Communications and Development to support our fundraising efforts with foundations, grantmakers, and individuals from around the world who may be interested in funding and giving to our work.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced communications professional, who will work closely with our fundraising team to solicit funding opportunities through grant writing and help to create content for/run individual giving campaigns.
A successful candidate will be a great storyteller and an even better relationship builder with a passion for the work that we do.
The selected candidate should expect to spend 80% of their time drafting, editing, and submitting grant applications, and 20% of their time on prospecting funding opportunities and team meetings.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Ubongo Jobs
- Lead in grant writing efforts, including, prospecting, drafting, editing, and submitting applications that Ubongo decides to pursue
- Researching, prospecting, and identifying donors, funders, and opportunities to pursue
- Updating and managing our CRM database for prospective donors, applications, and past (already pursued) prospects
- Writing applications for awards and challenge grants, LOIs and concept notes with support from the Development Manager
- Manage relationships with individual donors through consistent personalized communications and the development of content for fundraising campaigns
Main Activities: New Job at Ubongo 2022
- Own and manage our Network for Good fundraising platform & pages
- Write fundraising newsletter and support the development of other fundraising communications including website copy, social media content, blog posts, and press releases
- Understanding Ubongo’s vision, mission, impact, and priorities and sharing our story effectively with potential funders through different communication channels
- Design and write donor appeals for campaigns
- Building personal relationships and following up consistently with individual donors and fundraisers, encouraging them to get more involved
- Find creative ways to host and facilitate Ubongo introductory webinars for interested stakeholders, supporters, and donors
- Support brand awareness and building within our US audiences and the African diaspora – think critically and creatively about building brand awareness, with support from the comms team, in the US and among African diaspora communities
REQUIREMENT: KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, and QUALIFICATIONS ESSENTIALS:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills: Proven grant writing and storytelling skills.
- Experience in outreach and/or network-building roles
- Ability to synthesize research and produce compelling literature reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in English Literature, Creative Writing, Education, Research, Marketing, Communications, Nonprofit Management, Business, or a related field.
- Proven experience working in grant writing, fundraising, marketing, corporate communications, content development, writing, or project management
- Must be able to provide at least 3 professional references.
- Must love kids!
- You have the ability to work independently and to think on your feet
- Be willing to wear many hats!
- Deep understanding of Africa’s education and development landscape
- 3+ years experience fundraising or grant writing for a non-profit company or social enterprise
- Passionate about education, storytelling, and being a changemaker.
- Loves building relationships and talking to new people!
- Great storytelling skills that come through in public speaking and writing. We tell powerful stories and you need to be able to represent our brand well publically.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Benefits: Ajira Mpya Ubongo Jobs 2022
Phew! You made it through that. The good thing is that there are also perks, like a delicious healthy lunch at the office, health insurance, pension payments of up to 10% (matching the value of your individual contributions), 28 working days of paid annual leave (in addition to the public holidays) and you get to watch cartoons at work.
Please note that only online applications will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be directed to apply online.
- Read also: Latest Jobs in Tanzania