Programmer at BOTSWANA UNIFIED REVENUE SERVICE
EXTERNAL VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 4 OF 2022
REF: BURS/HRD/ROD 11 I
DATE: 10TH MAY, 2022
Botswana Unified Revenue Service (BURS) is a semi-autonomous organization of Government, responsible for assessing and collecting tax revenue as well as border administration. BURS invites dynamic, self- motivated and qualified citizens of Botswana to apply for the following posts:
– PROGRAMMER X 1 (GABORONE)
Main Purpose of the Job
To be responsible for the performance of any/all functions involved in the development and/or maintenance of new or existing applications.
Using programming language and technology, writes code, completes programming and documentation, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in maintain, audit and improve organisational support systems by using existing systems or incorporating new technologies to meet particular needs of the organization.
Key Performance Areas
1. Developing and implementation of web-based java applications per design.
2. Ability to interpret technical design documentation e.g. UML diagrams etc.
3. Profound insights into software development, documentation and unit testing.
4. Understanding of established software development lifecycle and familiarity with at least 1 version control system.
5. Fundamental understanding of web-based system programming and MVC architectural development.
6. Good knowledge and demonstrated troubleshooting abilities on connectivity issues due to firewall, load balancer, proxy, and others. Knowledge of Web Services and integration methodologies.
7. Experienced with SQL Query Development as it relates to databases applications implementation.
8. Customer service.
9. Training of staff.
Competencies: Technical Expertise
Creativity & Innovation
Planning & Organising
Salary: BURS 06 (P219, 732 – P295, 224 per annum)
BURS offers a competitive salary and benefits such as Medical Aid, Contributory Pension Fund, Group Life Assurance Cover, 24 hour Group Personal Accident cover, Housing Subsidy and Staff Welfare Schemes (Non-Guaranteed Personal and Residential and Vehicle loans etc).
Candidates who meet the requirements for the above mentioned positions should apply and attach comprehensive up to date curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, Omang and at least two (2) work related references from current or previous employers, at least one (1) reference should be current. Applications which do not meet the required provisions will not be considered.
All applications should be addressed to;
Director Human Resources
Botswana Unified Revenue Service
Tower Block, 5th Floor
Private Bag 0013
All applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should ensure that the position applied for is stated in the subject matter of their application email.
Applicants applying for more than one post should ensure that they send each application separately for ease of processing.
Note: Applicants are informed that those that have been shortlisted will be invited for interviews through email or personal calls.
For any information regarding these positions, please contact the Human Resources Division at these extensions: 3638924 (E. Mmereki) and 3638359 (M. Mokotedi).
Closing date: 23RD MAY, 2022 at 1630 hours.
Read also: Latest Jobs 2022