UBC Student Email Login Portal – The University of British Columbia, ubc student email login, ubc login, ubc cwl login application, ubc login application, ubc student services, ubc application, ubc portal login, ubc canvas,
What do I do if I forget my CWL account information?
If you have forgotten your CWL password, you can reset it if you know the answers to the Password Recovery Questions that you answered when you created your account.
To reset your password:
- Go to https://www.cwl.ubc.ca/myAccount
- Click on “Forgot Your Password?” link below the login box
- Type in your CWL username and click “Continue”.
- Enter in the answers to the three questions listed.
- Note: If your secret question is not displayed, it is because your account was created before the password reset procedure was revised. Please contact the UBC IT Service Centre to go over the question(s) or seek assistance.
If you have forgotten your CWL username, please contact the UBC IT Service Centre for assistance.
How do I log in to my Student Email account?
You can log into to webmail at https://webmail.student.ubc.ca. For your “User Name”, you can use either “CWLid.stu” or your “firstname.lastname@example.org” email address. Your webmail password is your CWL password.
If your mailbox has been converted to a email@example.com mailbox, you can use either “CWLid.stu” or your “firstname.lastname@example.org” email address to log in.
Who is eligible for the UBC Student Hosted Mailbox Service?
Only current students are eligible to sign up for this service. If a current student graduates from or leaves the university, he/she retains the mailbox. However the email address will change from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email sent to email@example.com after this change will still be received. Students must be registered in a course and be in good standing.
Is the UBC Student Email service secure?
UBC Student hosted mailboxes are subject to FIPPA (Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act) legislation. Data at rest never leaves Canadian soil and nobody can gain access to your email unless the law allows for it.
However while in transit, email is often unencrypted and could be intercepted. Recipients may not have secure storage, or show proper discretion in forwarding email. You should always assume email is not private. This is true for all email services.
What if I already have a firstname.lastname@example.org email address and hosted mailbox?
When you sign up for a new Student Email account as an active student, your email address will change to email@example.com. However email sent to your firstname.lastname@example.org will continue to be delivered.
Students and alumni who already have a email@example.com email forwarding address do not have to do anything. Email will continue to be delivered to the destination specified by you prior to August 17, 2020.
Using the Student Email Service
As a student, do I have to use the UBC Student Email service?
The Student Email service on its own is an optional service. However this service does enable access to other services such as Microsoft Teams and OneDrive. If there is a requirement to use these services by your department or instructor, registration for the UBC Student Email service may be required. If there are any concerns about the privacy of your CWL ID and associated UBC email address, you can opt to rename your CWL ID (and associated email address) to mask your identity.
Accounts & Passwords
New employees are automatically provisioned with FASmail, EAD, Workspace and Home Drive, and receive a notification email informing them of the availability of these services and hot to access them.
The Identity and Access Management team actively works with Faculties and Departments to provide a tailored experience for their employees.
Features & Benefits
- Automation allows for faster turnaround time for new employees to access services
- A centralized platform/view of access for Helpdesk and Managers to gain visibility and improve support
- Improved security with automated de-provisioning for employees that have left UBC
- For further information please contact the UBC IT Service Centre Help Desk
Campus-Wide Login (CWL)
The Campus Wide Login (CWL) system provides access to many of the University’s online systems, such as the Student Service Centre, and Canvas.
Features & Benefits
- Available 24/7
- Create a CWL Account
- For a step-by-step guide, please refer to our how-to create an account page.
- Sponsor a Guest
- For a step-by-step guide, please refer to our how-to sponsor a guest page.
- To manage your account and services, please go to myAccount
- Administrators, manage integration requests here
If you have trouble with your Campus Wide Login account: